Saturday 14 December 2013

December and summer is here! Thougths on a year of Yoga Synergy study.

The first sunflower to open this summer. Photo by Margot

Have a great summer and open up like a flower.
Message to myself: relax - stop trying so hard and let things simply be. Lighten up and shake of those spring winds of agitation. Move slowly, think less, bend less and tense less. Simple ideas I discovered I had forgotten. I learnt a lot more than just those important ideas studying with Yoga Synergy . I completed their program Yoga Fundamentals at the start of the year and it all came flooding back as the warm weather filled by joints and limbs with movement.
The Yoga Fundamentals was very organic with lots of doing and the sequence we studied made me feel like I was making shapes rather than working through a set sequence. Not one for doing the same routine over and over again but became hooked. When I first started my own yoga practice I did think that was what you did and did it for years. Same Iyengar sequence (from the class I was attending) every day, only problem it became like an exercise program instead of a practice. Yoga me thinks not and certainly not much minding of the mind going on more a checklist approach. Oh for moving on!  Of course, after finishing the course I am back to doing different things with each practice as believe each day is different and to truly honour my body I need to listen to the songs in the cells and then do something suitable. I do still some days move through the sequence as I can do less and think less; the sequence is also part of my cellular song memory. The course certainly helps anyone of any level in yoga practice in a safer way and really encourages being at the level appropriate for you today - here and now.

I am just about to complete the Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga as I veer around the corner to Christmas. Can I do it? Done and passed both exams, finished my discussion posts yes all 12 and now just the assignment. A bit like being back at school except studying a subject you absolutely adore surely makes a huge difference. The Anatomy and physiology was much more technical and let's face it more advanced. Again, I learnt a lot and found out about mudras I had heard of but had never had explained.
 I guess this is just me thinking out loud about what has been and  to plan what I could do depending on health, and wealth.  

Om shanti,
Margot

No comments:

Post a Comment