Sunday 4 January 2015

New year rolling in

Namaste wonderful yoginis and yogis,

I hope you had or are still having a relaxing and fun filled break as the New Year rolls into action.
I am sure you have all been practising away on your mats and will be looking forward to the energy of a class. And if you really have had a break from everything then get set for some fun and a little bit of hard work to tone up that Christmas belly.

I have been playing around on my mat and will be introducing some new poses we haven't tried before and different takes on some classics. The classes will include a healthy dose of core work, upper body strength, twists, balances and hip openers. Hooray!


You may have noticed over the last year or two I have been including more 'vinyasa' or linked poses (sequences) into my classes and I guess I need to realign (pun intended bad as it is) my description of what to expect in class.

At this point on my journey I would say I teach a vinyasa style class infused with Hatha Yoga principles. In a vinyasa class a sequence of poses is joined with a vinyasa e.g. down dog, plank, push up, floor backbend and then back to dog and I will offer variations  to suit all levels (with a handout) and of course you can choose to skip the vinyasa at any point. This style of yoga is very strengthening, energising and relaxing to mind, body and spirit.


So many choices...everyone choosing something appropriate for them in a back bend workshop.

While I have put levels on the timetable to guide you rest assured that all classes can be made suitable for any level so if the only class you can attend says level 1/2 and you are concerned it may be too difficult do not be as in a vinyasa you can choose whether or not you do the vinyasa. And with other poses I always options. 

I also enjoy and will continue weaving in some of the philosophical aspects behind  yoga e.g. the eight limbs, koshas,  kleshas, cakras and maybe the gunas (wow doesn't that sound like a lot of strange words...fun) to spice up and inspire practice. That's right a year of other yoga stuff. And more to write about on my blog...oh sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.

The Wednesday class is a Yin yoga class and is an excellent way to work with long held tension in the body as well as practising mindfulness or embodied stillness. This class would suit those who like a quieter, slower class with more emphasis on stretching and lengthening rather than building strength. This class would work well for those of you who have tenderness in shoulders, wrists and knees as there is no vinyasa and limited weigth bearing postures. This class only runs for 7 weeks as there is no class on the fourth Wednesday. If you would like to do two classes sign up for the term and only pay $10 for your second class. Talk to me if you are if one of the classes is in Bruthen as that term has two less classes and I can work out a better price.

Across the year I will be offering workshops in Bairnsdale and Mossiface to explore different aspects of yoga practice e.g. heart opening, back bends, arm balances, inversions, restorative, yin etc.

Sparkle on,

Margot XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment